5 Best Gifts for Any Teacher
Now that back to school season is upon us, it's important to remember the teachers who spend countless hours educating students. Whether you want to celebrate their birthdays this year or simply help your teaching friends and loved ones kick off the year in good spirits, here are five of the best gifts you can give any teacher.
I spoke to several teachers before creating this list, and above all else, they want something they can use. It can be as simple or extravagant as you'd like. One of the teachers I spoke to said her favorite gift last year was a case of soda and a pair of flip flops for the pool.
It doesn't take much to show your appreciation.
1) Mug or tumbler. There’s a common misconception that a teacher works from whenever the school day begins to whenever the last bell rings, but it’s not true. There isn’t time during the school day to grade papers or prepare lesson plans, so those things are either done before the students arrive or after they leave, which can make for some long days. Coffee, tea or soda is a staple for many. That's why a personalized mug or tumbler is likely a winner.
2) A plant. Being inside all day can be taxing, so bringing a little bit of the outdoors inside can be an easy fix. Plus, there are a ton of benefits to having plants in your home or workspace. Here are a few:
- Reduced stress
- Increased productivity
- Cleaner air
- Reduced sickness and absence
- Increased creativity
3) Classroom supplies. Sounds boring, I know. However, since a lot of the supplies teachers use are bought with money coming from their own wallets, even the smallest classroom supplies are massively appreciated. I spoke to a close teacher friend who is always wanting more of the following:
4) A UV Sanitizer by PhoneSoap. If you’re looking for something a little unexpected but incredibly useful, look no further. PhoneSoap Pro is a UV sanitizer that disinfects phones or other small items in just 5 minutes. The device uses UV-C light to kill 99.99% of germs.* Next up is our plus-sized sanitizer, HomeSoap, which is big enough for keyboards or tablet computers. Check out the video below to see exactly how dirty classroom items really are.
5) Gift cards. Are you a little overwhelmed with your options and possibilities? You can’t go wrong with a gift card. According to the teachers we spoke to, Target, the local movie theater, and Amazon gift cards never go out of style.
*PhoneSoap 3 has been tested by an independent, 3rd party laboratory to be 99.99% effective against Salmonella, E. coli, MRSA, H1N1, Coronavirus 229E, Staphylococcus, Rhinovirus, Rotavirus. It has been tested on actual phones, Apple™ watch, headphones, credit cards, and keys. PhoneSoap 3 has also been tested to be 99.99% effective against Salmonella, H1N1, rotavirus, and rhinovirus using a modified ASTM E1153 and ASTM E1053-11 for efficacy of UV light on general hard non-porous surfaces such as glass, metals, and plastics. Real world results may vary depending on size, shape, and material of phone or phone case.