7 Unbelievable Products for the Skincare Junkie
You either are one or you know one. The world of skincare can be overwhelming and expensive, especially if you don't have any idea where to start. Through years of experience and a LOT of trial and error, I've found a handful of products that work well for me and my specific skin type. In order to find products that do the same for you, you'll need to identify your skin type. Not sure what you're dealing with? Check out this article.
This list of products I've compiled can be used on any skin type, but may not be necessary depending on what issues you'd like to tackle. All of these product recommendations come from my own usage or are a referral from a friend that uses them.
1) Derma Roller Cosmetic Needling Instrument. Admittedly, I bought one of these about 5 years ago before they blew up and since I didn't quite understand the reason behind it, I stopped using it. But in the past year or so my roommate bought one and now has me hooked. The derma roller has many benefits: treats and diminishes the appearance of acne scars, prompts your skin to produce more collagen (hello, firmer skin!), and provides a better way for products to penetrate the surface, allowing them to work better and faster! Take a look at this positive review below:
If you're still not convinced, loads of users have included before and after photos on Amazon. Check it out!
2) Ice Roller. This one is a little newer to the skincare market, but I don't think it will be long before it's a staple in everyone's routine. This gadget is stored in your freezer and can help with any number of issues like redness, puffiness, migraines, enlarged pores, wrinkle prevention, and dry skin. PLUS, it only costs $11.99!
3) PMD - Personal Microderm. This is a product that I've had my eye on for a while now. A friend of mine recommended it to me back in December, saying it had smoothed out all her acne scars and had given her an overall healthier look after just a WEEK! Another friend posted on her Instagram about it last week and raved about how the texture of her skin had improved immensely after just a few uses. After hearing what both had to say, I know I need to have one!
4) PhoneSoap. Yes, this is for your phone BUT it's also for your face. Do you know how filthy your phone is? Every time you take or make a phone call, you're transferring the bacteria on your screen right onto your face. Most people don't realize that this is a major cause of acne or irritation on your skin. Keeping your phone sterilized with PhoneSoap will ensure that you're not allowing bacteria and germs into your pores.
5) Facial Steamer. The purpose of this steamer is to not only hydrate your skin, but also open up your pores to thoroughly remove makeup, dirt, and other impurities. It also comes with a blackhead remover tool kit! Because everyone knows you're not supposed to pick at your skin with your dirty fingers ;)
6) Jade Roller. Yes, another roller! Each one has different uses, and luckily they're all pretty affordable, but if the idea of 3 different rollers seems excessive, I just recommend doing your research on each to see which one is going to best accomplish whatever skin issue you're most concerned about. The jade roller is also fairly new to the skincare market, but it seems to have taken over. Its benefits include a reduction in fine lines and wrinkle, smoother skin and tighter pores. It also helps with blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
7) Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. First of all, this stuff has over 15,000 reviews on Amazon with 4.5 stars overall. According to said reviews, this deep pore cleansing mask helps reduce redness, scarring, and acne. A friend mine recently mentioned to me that she doesn't know how she ever lived without it!
Obviously, as a skincare junkie, I would love to hear about products I might be missing out on. Drop your own recommendations below!