The Best Cleaning Gadgets of 2018
The best cleaning gadgets of 2018
We're all about the "new year, new you" thing floating around this time of year. What better way to figuratively clean house than to literally clean house? If your cleaning supplies are in desperate need of a makeover, check out the most innovative and effective products of 2018.
1) Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum. We were sold immediately on this cordless vacuum, and for good reason. On a full charge, it lasts for 40 minutes, converts to a handheld vacuum, and has 4.5 stars on Amazon from over 2,000 reviews.
2) Alfawise S60 Window Cleaner Robot. Yes, you read that correctly. It's a little device that sticks to your windows (indoor or outdoor) and removes all the dirt and grime. Plus, you can control it with an app on your phone.
3) AirSoap air purifier. An air purifier might not be first thing that comes to mind when you think about cleaning supplies, but it's necessary nonetheless. The AirSoap air purifier utilizes Electric Wind™ technology to capture 99.99% of airborne viruses* and trap dust and allergens like pet dander, mold spores, and plant pollen. It also features washable, reusable collection plates instead of expensive HEPA filters.
4) PhoneSoap Pro and HomeSoap. While we're talking about UV-C technology, PhoneSoap products have cornered the market on UV sanitizers for your smartphones, computer tablets, remote controls, and other gear. They're clinically proven to kill 99.99% of germs.** It's important to disinfect the surfaces our hands touch the most!
(PhoneSoap, starting at $120)
5) iRobot Braava Jet 240 Robot Mop. This device is perfect for hard-to-reach places and hard-to-clean stains, like dried coffee and soda. Plus, it automatically selects the correct cleaning method according to the jet pad type applied.
6) Hoover Stain Remover. This award-winning stain remover is meant to be used with Hoover products, but a Hoover product isn't necessary. It can totally be used on its own. Take a look at this product review:
*AirSoap has been laboratory tested and proven to kill more than 99.99% of even smaller viruses (Influenza A-H3N2). While AirSoap has been certified to capture particles down to 14 nm, we have not performed testing specifically on SARS-COV-2 (the pathogen responsible for COVID-19), as it is not yet available for testing.
**Testing was conducted in a laboratory setting on actual phones, Apple watch, headphones, credit cards, and keys with a variety of pathogens, including Salmonella, Staphylococcus, and Coronavirus 229E. Real-world results may vary depending on size, shape, and material of phone or phone case. For more information, click here.